Accompany Merchandising and Marketing Assistant/Coordination Job Description
Accompany is a rapidly-growing three-year-old ethical fashion e-commerce startup. Our leadership team comes squarely out of the fashion space, having worked with major global brands and retailers; now we’re on a mission together to do global good – working only with indigenous artisans, fair trade workshops and philanthropic causes in 43 countries around the world to build long-term paths to prosperity in disadvantaged communities. Called the “Whole Foods of Fashion” by The Huffington Post, we believe shoppers shouldn’t have to choose between fashion impact and social impact.
Merchandising and Marketing Assistant/Coordinator
We are currently looking for dedicated team member to support the Merchandising and Marketing Team in all things related to Fashion and Home buying, Digital Content and Marketing, E-commerce maintenance, and Press outreach, in addition to the various needs of a lean start-up team. As we have a flat organizational structure, this opportunity provides experience working with senior-level executives, which means valuable exposure and true responsibility, as well as significant room for growth.
We require a positive attitude, fashion fluency, and passion for our mission from a savvy, self-sufficient self-starter with extraordinary attention to detail, obsessive organization skills, and a desire to completely immerse oneself in one’s work.
Applicant should have experience in all or most of the following: luxury, retail, fashion, communications, journalism, social media, design, photo editing, video editing, website editing, Microsoft Office and/or Apple suite, budgets, database management.
Title and salary will be commensurate with experience. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Design & Merchandising
- Partner with Fashion and Home creative team to review line sheets, update and maintain product curation and flow for each upcoming season; create and maintain physical visual boards and digital decks of product for regular reviews with creative team.
- Update seasonal PR trend lookbooks with accurate information and imagery.
- Assist with trade shows and seasonal market buying appointments.
- Assist with seasonal product buys; execute ongoing product reorders.
- Support creation of marketing content for emails and social media including image search, caption writing, daily posting, and overall content planning.
- Assist with Photo Shoots: arrange and prepare samples for shoot, organize photography post-shoot for use on site and in marketing, handle minor image edits such as cropping, manage sample coordination to and from designers/showrooms.
- Coordinate PR samples and gifts: maintain detailed logs, coordinate with partners and ensure a high- quality presentation.
- Manage analytics on social media platforms and Google.
- Interface with Shopify platform to create new products in the system, update product details as needed, help create merchandising category and seasonal trend/story collections.
- Assist promotional strategy execution like discount codes and calendars.
- Support data entry and report generation of regular merchandising analysis.
- Quality control for incoming inventory shipments.
- Coordinate with Finance team on Purchase Order details related to Fashion and Home vendors. - Manage analytics on Shopify.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample under 3 pages, along with links to any relevant social media feeds (Instagram, Snapchat or Pinterest) and recent professional or academic work you are proud of to: email@example.com
No Phone Calls, Walk-ins or Emails to Accompany staff.