The Fijian people are the heart and soul of Wakaya Perfection, directly involved in all aspects of planting, harvesting, processing and packaging these incredibly pure, all-natural healing products. Each ingredient is nourished by the mineral-rich, virgin volcanic soil of Wakaya Island, irrigated exclusively with natural equatorial Fijian rainfall, and hand-cultivated by makers deeply committed to the wellbeing of humans and our planet.Not only does Wakaya's rare, hand-cultivated Pink Fijian Ginger offer great health and wellness benefits, it makes a lovely and enriching body scrub, too. This exfoliating ginger scrub gently buffs away rough skin, leaving it feeling smooth, refreshed and renewed.
- Wakaya's pink Fijian ginger is grown only in the pure, rich, virgin volcanic soil of Wakaya Island.
- Wakaya's ginger crops are planted in wide, sloping paddocks at 45-degree angles, to help prevent erosion.
- Ginger is grown without man-made irrigation, nourished only by the natural equatorial Fijian rainfall.
- Ginger is hand-cultivated to eliminate machinery that could compromise the integrity of the crops.
- After each crop is harvested, Wakaya allows at least a 12-month fallow period in the paddock before planting more seeds, to allow the soil to rejuvenate.
- Ginger is oven-dried at a regulated minimal temperature, ground into a superfine powder, then sealed in a U.S. food-grade stainless-steel grinding machine to preserve the purity and integrity of the ginger.