We are currently looking for a part-time (20-30 hrs/wk) team member to support the Accompany team in all things related to Digital Content and E-commerce Maintenance, in addition to the various needs of a lean start-up team. As we have a flat organizational structure, this opportunity provides experience working with senior-level executives, which means valuable exposure and true responsibility, as well as significant room for growth. Our leadership team comes squarely out of the fashion space, having worked with major global brands and retailers; now we’re on a mission together to do global good – working only with indigenous artisans, fair trade workshops and philanthropic causes in 45 countries around the world to build long-term paths to prosperity in disadvantaged communities. The E-commerce Assistant will manage fulfillment and customer service operations in our New York office. Daily operations is the drumbeat of our e-commerce business and we need a perfectionist who loves a clear process and order of activities, and really enjoys making customers happy, to build long-term relationships with fans of our do-good brand. We require a positive attitude and passion for our mission. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with extraordinary attention to detail, obsessive organizational skills, and a desire to be completely immersed in one’s work.
Applicants should have experience in the following: Shopify, Stitch, retail, communications, social media, graphic design, photo editing, website editing, database management, fulfillment software, customer service.
This is a part-time, paid position based virtually with some time in our NYC office. Position available to start immediately.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Update and maintain product curation and flow for each upcoming season; create and maintain digital decks of product for regular reviews with creative team
- Interface with Shopify platform to create new products in the system, update product details as needed, help execute merchandising categories and seasonal trend collections
- Handle minor image edits such as cropping, manage and update e-commerce assets
- Monitor analytics on social media platforms and Google
- Coordinate PR samples and gifts
- Assist promotional strategy execution like discount codes and calendars.
** There is room to grow into additional roles related to e-commerce marketing and content creation depending on the candidate’s experience and passion areas.
Customer Service & Fulfillment
- Quality control for incoming inventory shipments.
- Managing packing, wrapping, shipping, and inventory
- Coordinating execution in a way that reflects our brand and consumer experience
- Overseeing product quality control; liaising with shipping companies Communicating with customers, when necessary, to ensure they are satisfied
** The role may be physically demanding at times, and requires capability and willingness to pack, move, and carry packages.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and links to all social media feeds. Feel free to also include any recent professional or academic work you are proud of to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, walk-ins or e-mails to Accompany staff.